Covid-19 Safety Measures
As of May 25, 2020, in-person counselling services will be offered on an as-needed basis. Otherwise, Counsellors will continue to provide online video services throughout Phase 2 of BC’s restart plan.
If you’d like information about our secure, video Counselling sessions, please visit our Online Counselling info page.
If you require in-person counselling services, we ask for your understanding and compliance to the following safety measures.
Disclosure of Risk Factors
- Prior to each in-person session, please let your Counsellor know if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms, or have been in a Covid-19 high-risk situation. Our Counsellors will do the same with you.
Low Risk In-Person Meetings Only
- In-person sessions will not occur if you or your Counsellor have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 or have been outside Canada within 14 days of your appointment.
- In-person sessions will not occur if you or your Counsellor have experienced Covid-19 symptoms such as any signs of a cold or flu, coughing, sneezing, difficulty breathing, sore throat, or a fever within 14 days of your appointment.
Maintain Social Distance
- Through-out in-person sessions, and while walking to and from the counselling office, we are required to maintain a social distance of 2 meters.
Minimal Contact with Surfaces
- Where possible, please refrain from touching shared surfaces and office items.
- Where possible, please plan to use the bathroom before arriving at the office location.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Your Counsellor will disinfect railings, door handles, furniture (where possible), pens, clip-boards and any other items touched by others prior to your session.
- Hand sanitizing products will be provided in each office.
- Please use online payment methods such as Jane credit card payments through your online client account, or e-transfer to email@example.com.
Short Notice Cancellations Due to Development of Covid-19 Symptoms
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms within 24-hours of your appointment, please let your Counsellor know and we will waive our usual late cancellation fee.
Thank you for your cooperation. We are committed to being as safe and preventative as possible.