- Lisa is a Certified Canadian Counsellor with an M.A. in Counselling Psychology from TWU.
- She has 15+ years experience as a therapist working with individuals and couples in a variety of professional settings.
- She founded Mercy Seat Ministry in 2013, to provide counselling services which integrate psychological care with Christian discipleship.
- Lisa’s services are available at a rate of $110+GST per session hour (50 minutes).
- Typical session length is 2 hours.
Lisa is a Certified Canadian Counsellor who holds a Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology from Trinity Western University.
Lisa specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) from a Christian counselling perspective.
- CBT is a collection of counselling tools that help people adjust the way they think (and therefore act) to bring about meaningful change.
- EFT helps people process their emotional experiences within the context of relationships and attachment.
- CBT and EFT are widely regarded as effective and efficient counselling techniques for helping overcome depression, anxiety, the effects of abuse and trauma, unwanted behaviors, and relational problems. Lisa seeks to utilize the proven strengths of CBT and EFT to discover the stuck areas of her clients’ lives.
Once these impasses are uncovered, Lisa encourages her clients to seek the Holy Spirit as their Counsellor. Lisa partners with her clients before God to seek His ministry in these areas, and then works with clients to practically implement change into their daily lives.
It is her deep passion to see people encounter Jesus Christ and be changed through the healing, victory and freedom He gives.
Faith & Family
Lisa has had many ups and downs along the road of faith in Jesus. She has experienced seasons of great frustration with God and other times of awe-inspiring witness to His great work of mercy and intention in her life.
Lisa’s passion is to point others to God when we both love what He is doing and when we don’t. Her desire is to teach Biblical truth and support growth in relationship with Him so healing, victory and freedom in Christ becomes reality in the lives of believers.
Lisa feels privileged to walk alongside others while they journey with God in the Counselling process as well as through in-depth Bible study.
Lisa has been married to her husband, Greg, for over 20 years and they have 3 children. Outside of work, Lisa enjoys hanging out with her family, spending time with friends, being active, and all things related to God.